Become a Corporate Sponsor!
Go to Sponsorship Form and print out the form.
Greyhouse Coffee and Supply Co.
Alpine Clinic, LLC
I.B.E.W. Local 668
Journal & Courier
Old National Bank
Sam's Club #8169
Voestalpine Rotec, Inc.
Wabash National Corporation
Benton Central CAAP
Indiana Neurology Specialty Care
Moose Family Center
Papa John's Pizza (3 locations)
Purdy Concrete, Inc.
Soller-Baker Funeral Homes
University Book Store
Williamson Eye Institute
Essential Touch Massage
Oscar Winski Co.
Pearlman Chosnek & Hopson, PC
|How does the Hunger Hike help?
Hikers and their sponsors help meet the needs of hungry families in greater Lafayette, surrounding counties and Haiti. Donations go to food programs at the Lafayette Urban Ministry, Food Finders Food Bank, and St. Thomas Aquinas Haiti Ministry. Thousands of low income families depend on these programs for food security. What should I know about hunger?
- There are 870 million people in the world who do not eat enough to be healthy. That's one in eight. (United Nations World Food Programme)
- At least 15% of American households are food insecure. (USDA Economic Research Service)
- Over 9,000 (43%) Tippecanoe County school children receive free or reduced price lunches. (Indiana Youth Institute)
- Food Finders Food Bank distributes more than 6 million pounds of food annually to Tippecanoe and 15 surrounding counties.
- At $250 per capita income, 80% of the rural Haitian population lives in poverty. (World Bank)
- The St. John's/LUM Food Pantry serves 2,000 Tippecanoe County residents every month.
How much should I donate? One helpful suggestion is to consider a donation equal to 10% of your monthly food budget or the cost of fast food meals for a month. Please make your check payable to "Hunger Hike."
Create your own personal fundraising webpage or form an online team!
Send your fundraising page to friends and relatives by e-mail. They can make online donations and your page will automatically keep track of how much you've raised.
To get started, just click on the computer, then follow the directions. Click "Start Fundraising" and select "Hunger Hike 2013." Then, you must register as an individual. Click "Join" and register. When you are done registering, you will be asked if you want to create a fundraising page and if you are part of a team or if you want to add a team. To add a new team, just enter the team name. (Being on a team is optional. If you are on a team, each member of the team can have their own personal fundraising page.)
After you have created your page you are ready to send out e-mails for donations! Print out your report and bring it on the day of the hike. Check out the Personal and Team Fundraising Pages that have been set up (below), and then create yours...OR...find someone you know and donate to their page.
Goodies for participants!
Free Hunger Hike t-shirts to walkers who raise $50 or more.