DATE: Saturday, December 13, 2014
Jubilee Christmas makes parents the heroes on Christmas morning.
LUM Jubilee Christmas is Saturday, December 13—and there are many opportunities to get involved before then. Jubilee Christmas is an annual event coordinated by LUM, which engages over 40 local churches and organizations to make Christmas brighter for approximately 600 families in Tippecanoe County.
On Saturday, December 13, 600 parents will go shopping at 24 different sites. Each family will receive toys, bikes, books, clothes, games and more for their children.Hosts help families wrap the gifts. Families also receive a food-card, a ham, and home-baked cookies to make theirChristmas even more special.
Here are ways you can help!
Donations needed —
To make a monetary donation, click HERE. Cash donations will be used to purchase or off set the cost of the following:
· Larger items for the children like bike, car seats, sports equipment, musical instruments
· Supplies like wrapping paper, tape, batteries
· Hams, food cards, gift cards for teenagers
· Mailings, printing, postage
Donation Center will be open from November 20—December 9, Monday through Friday, from 1-5 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving Thursday & Friday). If you wish to donate items, here is what is needed:
· Tape, Wrapping paper, Batteries
· Family Gifts like blankets, quilts, DVDs, Board Games, Video Game Systems, TV’s, DVR’s, large jig-saw puzzles, outdoor games, sports equipment
· Toys, games, dolls, books, action figures, Legos, coats, boots, gloves, clothes, crafts, art supplies, etc. for toddlers—young children—tweens
· $30 Gift cards for Teens
Volunteers are needed for the following:
· Mailing—JC Family Admission Letter—Wednesday, November 5 from 2:30 to 6 p.m.
· Donation Center—accept donations of toys, etc.—from November 20—December 9, Monday through Friday, from 1-5 p.m. (closed Thanksgiving Thursday & Friday).
· Host pick up day—Thursday, December 11 from 9 a.m.—4 p.m.—hosts pick up hams, gift cards, toys
· After Jubilee Christmas drop off—Saturday, December 13 & Sunday, December 14 from noon—3 p.m.—receive and sort surplus toys from all of the JC sites.
· After Jubilee Christmas—Monday, December 15 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.—Distribute surplus toys to families.
If you are interested in volunteering for Jubilee Christmas, please email at email@example.com or call 765.423.2691.